Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Origins Effect

Well hellooooooooooooooooo my darling Shadow Era peeps!
It's Nachyo here, reporting in about the wonderful events from before the flying machines we amazing humans have created whisked me home!  (Note: Maybe we should have an 'inventor" mechanic at some point?)  Origins may be over, but believe you me, the age it's begun for Shadow Era is just beginning.  I know that sounds a little dramatic, but that's what you get when you let the writer of the DT explain things!  I'd also like to note that just because I'm stating things dramatically doesn't they're untrue!

In fact, the Wolverines (explained in a folowing link) appeared in a number of interviews:
  1. Origins by night
  2. State of the Era
  3. A brief interview with Kyle
We also got to spend a LOT of time officiating tournaments, and coming up with the rules and ways to handle everything.  Heck, we stayed up waaaaaaaaay too late testing the last of the booster drafts out, and then I was the last person on my flight because of us testing the 2v2!

My biggest thrill was logging onto the forums and seeing the work I'd written posted there for everyone to see.  The past few months have been AMAZING for me, creating the world of Balor and expanding the original vision for Shadow Era into something entirely unseen before.  The excerpt in the quick start guide is the first glimpse into the world we've all been playing in for so long.  I'm beyond excited to see the reaction of that reveal!

I also got some chances to plunge into the stories of a few other games, and see how the story interfaced into mechanics of the game.  They definitely gave me some ideas on how I can add a little more depth to the upcoming single player campaign!

And since no 'summary' is complete without vids and pics...

Here is a video introduction of the team present at Origins:  
(note: GDC and Anurak couldn't make it to Origins)

More videos:

Our VERY FIRST TRADE (Part 1) (Part 2)
And of course, the VERY FIRST GAME!  (Kinda long)

And Pictures:

The whole crew

Out first booster draft!

From right to left: Razcrull (Sebastian), Mojumbo (Trevor), Nachyochez (Kevin)


A rare sighting of AnAdolt with the booth art

The now famous Jasmine Rosecult artwork

A very tired Wulven team at the end of Origins

No comments:

Post a Comment